Call for abstracts – World Social Science Forum 2015published: October 23, 2014
The International Social Science Council (ISSC) proudly announces the third World Social Science Forum (WSSF) scheduled to be held at the International Convention Centre, Durban, South Africa, from 13 to 16 September 2015. The Forum is the most significant gathering of scholars and policy-oriented intellectuals drawn from all the regions of the world and across different disciplinary interests in the social sciences and humanities. It serves as a platform for presenting new knowledge and insights, re-thinking received wisdom, charting new directions, promoting innovation in the research-policy-action nexus, and nurturing new international partnerships.
Participants of the WSSF 2015 are invited to address this challenge, doing so through the deployment of interpretative and analytical tools that examine the roots and dimensions of global change with an eye on attaining greater sustainability through equity and justice in global relations.
- History, Trends and Patterns of Global Inequality
- Theorising and Measuring Inequality
- Drivers, Catalysts, and Determinants of Inequality in the Global system
- Nature, Dimensions, Types, and Sites of Inequality
- Inequality, Poverty and Citizenship
- Ethics, Social Policy and Inequality
- Policies, Experiences, and Experiments in Combating Inequality; and
- Challenges and Opportunities for Overcoming Global Inequality
Scholars and policy-oriented intellectuals interested in participating in the WSSF 2015 are invited to submit abstracts of the papers.