IPBES seeks Social Scientists to Participate in Global Assessment of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services


IPBES seeks nominations of social scientists to participate in a global assessment of biodiversity and ecosystem services, following the decision by the Fourth IPBES Plenary to initiate such an assessment.

A call for experts has been sent out to all governments and observer organisations. IPBES places a particular emphasis on reaching out to social scientists.

Download the call (pdf).

Read the call text online.

The ISSC and its members may nominate experts. According to IPBES rules, no more than 20% of selected experts can come from organisations’ nominations, the rest (80%) must come from governments’ nominations.

The Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) is the intergovernmental body which assesses the state of biodiversity and of the ecosystem services it provides to society, in response to requests from decision makers.