Vacancies – the Arab Council for the Social Sciencespublished: September 20, 2016
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences, ACSS, is recruiting for the following positions for its offices in Beirut, Lebanon:
- Programme Coordinator, who will be responsible for developing, establishing, overseeing and coordinating the activities of one or more funded projects of the ACSS. For the coordinator position, the applicant should have at minimum an MA in a social science discipline with at least 5 years of experience in a similar function.
- Programme Assistant, who will be responsible for providing administrative and functional support to the ACSS more senior staff as related to the activities of one or more funded projects of the ACSS. Minimum BA degree with 2 years of experience as a Programme Assistant.
- Administrative Assistant/Junior Accountant, (Combined position) who will be a team member of the Finance & Administration department. He/she will be responsible for providing administrative support inclusive of reception and travel & hotel bookings. He/she will also provide accounting support by entering accounting transactions, preparing payments, financial statements, taxes, bank reconciliations, and dealing with the Ministry of Finance and National Social Security Fund. Minimum BBA degree with 1-2 years relevant experience.
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world. By supporting researchers and academic/research institutions, the ACSS aims to contribute to the creation, dissemination, validation and utilization of social science research and to enrich public debate about the challenges facing Arab societies. ACSS is a member of the ISSC.
Eligibility, Qualifications & Competencies
- Requirements as stated above
- Languages: Fluency in Arabic and English. French is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (writing & speaking)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV and names of two referees by email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.