Vacancy: Communications Coordinator, Arab Council for the Social Sciencespublished: February 20, 2017
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join its Secretariat in Beirut, Lebanon.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Providing assistance and input on communications functions, with a focus on monitoring and reporting
- Building a positive public image for the ACSS
- Ensuring that communication within the organization is effective.
a) Assist the communications manager in setting the communications strategies in order to present the Council and its outputs through the right tools & provide the right message to its internal and/or external stakeholders in line with its strategy.
b) Maintain and update the ACSS Directory (Database of ACSS grantees/fellows and their outputs, as well as ACSS outputs).
c) Maintain and update the ACSS institutional calendar.
d) Maintain and update the ACSS contacts Database and mailing lists.
e) Manage the ACSS monthly and annual activity reports.
f) Manage and update the ACSS Internal pages (including, but not limited to, posting, curating, and commissioning content).
g) Serve as a liaison with assigned departments at the ACSS and enhance Collaborate across departments.
a) Serve as key person and coordinator for translation/editing tasks.
b) Oversee pre-assigned aspects of production (often of multiple publications), such as translation, copy editing, fact checking and quality assurance.
c) Write and/or draft and/or edit: articles, newsletter submissions, news stories, features, profiles, marketing/advertising materials, handbooks, bulletins, and communications content.
d) Do short translations if and when required.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.): English, Education, Translation, or any social science discipline.
Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experienced in copy editing and/or professional writing
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English and strong attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into language easily comprehensible to diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of an entrepreneurial team
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanour with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence.
- Savvy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as online tools, email, and website platforms
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Interested candidates are kindly requested to email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
About the Arab Council for the Social Sciences
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world. The ACSS is a member of the ISSC.