Call for recommendations for the Scientific Programme Committee – World Social Science Forum 2018published: April 7, 2017
ISSC Members are invited to recommend experts to join the Scientific Committee of the 2018 World Social Science Forum.
The 2018 Forum will take place in Fukuoka, Japan, from 25 – 28 September 2018, on the theme of ‘Security and Equality for Sustainable Futures’.
Scientific Programme Committee members will play an active role in the preparation of World Social Science Forum 2018 conference programme – from the initial planning stage through to finalizing the programme content, including:
- Reviewing abstracts submitted to the conference
- Identifying abstract-driven session chairpersons
- Being available to chair sessions if needed
- Participating in late breaker and back-up abstract reviewing
- Advising on plenary speakers
- Advising on any gaps in the WSS Forum programme
- Promoting the conference among their networks.
We are inviting all ISSC members to propose the names of up to 3 experts (per member) for the Scientific Committee. Members are encouraged to nominate people active in different regions of the world, and to be mindful of the importance of gender diversity.
The deadline for submissions is 5 May 2017. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
More information on the themes of the Forum can be found here.