Call for applications for multi-stakeholder platform on Sustainable Development Goalspublished: June 14, 2017
On 22 May 2017, the European Commission adopted a decision on setting up the high-level multi-stakeholder platform on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the European Union. The platform aims to cover the social, economic and environmental aspects of sustainable development, as well as the internal and external policy dimensions. Interested stakeholders are invited to apply to become members of the platform by 26 June 2017.
The platform will:
- support and advise the European Commission and all stakeholders involved on the implementation of the SDGs at EU level
- support and advise the European Commission in relation to Commission events on sustainable development
- help to prepare the selection process of an annual sustainability award
- provide a forum for exchange of experience and best practice on the implementation of the SDGs across sectors and at local, regional, national and EU level
The European Commission aims for an inclusive and balanced stakeholder representation, including:
- civil society
- non-governmental organisations
- the private and corporate sector.
Interested stakeholders should consult the full documentation on the Commission website, and apply before 26 June 2017.