Vacancy: Associate Director, Arab Council for the Social Sciencespublished: June 8, 2017
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is recruiting for the position of Associate Director to be based in Lebanon. The Associate Director is responsible for working with the Director General (DG) on planning, developing, and implementing the ACSS strategic plan, including fundraising, supervising all grants and fellowships programmes, and communicating and coordinating with all stakeholders in relation to these programmes.
- Assisting the DG in developing and implementing strategy plans.
- Assisting the DG with fundraising.
- Leading the grants and fellowships programs work of the ACSS (It is essential that the person has grant-making and management experience).
- Taking major responsibility for the annual report to donors, as well as reporting on grants related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Working with various units within the office to develop annual work plans, as well as short-term and long-term strategies in line with the overall strategy.
- Working with the Board of Trustees and sub-committees as needed.
- Working with the Administration & Finance Manager on internal policies and financial reporting as needed.
- Supervising current focal points (in Palestine and Algeria) and helping in the development of new focal points/regional offices.
- Contributing to the publications of the ACSS.
- Other office-wide responsibilities to be mutually agreed upon periodically.
More information about the post and how to apply is available on the ACSS website. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The ACSS is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world. By supporting researchers and academic/research institutions, the ACSS aims to contribute to the creation, dissemination, validation and utilization of social science research and to enrich public debate about the challenges facing Arab societies. ACSS is a member of the ISSC.