A.SK Post-doctoral Fellowships 2017 - Call for Applicationspublished: December 20, 2020
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center (Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung) invites applications for the A.SK Post-doctoral Fellowships 2017.
The fellowships support research on public policy with a focus on economic and governmental reforms. 3 Fellowships will be awarded for a duration of up to 10 months and can be taken up in 2017 or 2018. Monthly stipends amount to € 2,400.
In the spirit of the A.SK mission statement, the WZB honors research presenting new ideas on economic reform and government reform in a global perspective, such as:
- the role of entrepreneurs and competitive cooperation for economic well-being and development
- the micro- and macroeconomic features of systems where employees participate more in the ownership of their companies through ownership components of salaries
- the allocative and distributive qualities of systems where individual land ownership rights are limited to long-term leases
- the possibilities for the financial sector to have more direct links to the national production of goods and services in order to prevent monetary instabilities and speculative deformations
- the possibilities of governmental reforms
- civil society and the contribution of non-governmental organizations to democratic and effective governance
- the potential of multi-level democracies
- preconditions of good governance in state and society.
The post-doctoral fellowships are part of the A.SK Academic Prize program which also includes the A.SK Social Science Award awarded bi-annually to outstanding research on social and governmental reform. The prizes are named after their sponsors Angela and Shu Kai Chan.
International applicants are very welcome to apply. Please note that applications for non-resident fellowships can be accepted. Part- and full-time residencies at the WZB are also possible. In this case, please include a letter of invitation from the intended host research unit at the WZB.
Please submit applications to the WZB (including a cover letter, a CV, a copy of your PhD certificate or suitable alternative proof of having completed your PhD, a list of your publications and unpublished papers) by 1 February 2021, along with two letters of recommendation (to be sent separately by your referees). Applications should also include a work plan of one page outlining the schedule of the research project to be conducted by means of the A.SK fellowship.
The applications should be written in English and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (max 4 MB).